Comment on page
Joining Pion Network
Step-by-Step guide to join Pion network
To join Pion network, one needs to go through three stages:
- Before installing a Pion node, one needs to install Docker. To do so, you can use Install Docker Engine, where you should first choose your server's operating system, and then follow the installation instructions.
- If you already have an ALICE node and are migrating to Pion, first stop and remove your old node by running the following commands on your server (one by one):
docker stop muon-node mongo redis
docker rm muon-node mongo redis
- The first step is to get the Pion
docker-compose.yml. To do so, run the following command on your server:
curl -o docker-compose.yml https://raw.githubusercontent.com/muon-protocol/muon-node-js/pion/docker-compose-pull.yml
- And then you call pull images using this command:
docker compose pull
- Now the node can be run using the following command.
docker compose up -d
- Wait for a minute and then run the next command and see the result.
The result should look like this and means your node is running properly. (It is not added to the network yet.)
You need this
peerIDlater when you add the node to the network.
- Your are forwarded to the next page. Click on "Select".
- A popup opens showing the amount of your bonPION. Click on the popup.
- On the next page, you can see your NFT info in the left-hand box. In the right-hand one, enter your Node Address and Peer ID (explained in section 1).
Entering Node Address & Peer ID
- Having entered Node Address and Peer ID, click on the "Approve" and confirm the message on your wallet. Now the "Add Node" button appears. Click on it and confirm the transaction on your wallet.
Adding the Node
- Wait for the success message in the right-hand bottom corner.
- Having added the node successfully, you will see the following page for a few minutes.Preparing the Dashboard
- When you see the following dashboard, you have successfully joined Pion network.
Pion's Nodes Dashboard
VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you have backed up your node as soon as you add it. In case something happens to your server, you can use the backup to restore your node. Not backing up your node may result in financial loss.